Monday, April 30, 2012

Cookie Dough Truffle Bites

Our friend is coming over on Wednesday for dinner and games, and I tried to think of a good dessert that we could snack on while playing Ticket to Ride. Cookies and brownies are good, but I wanted something a little different. Came across a recipe of cookie dough truffles on Pinterest, and couldn't resist. I always want to snack on raw cookie dough whenever I bake cookies (I think I might actually like it more than the finished product) so these seem perfect.

1 stick butter, softened
3/4 cup light brown sugar
2 1/4 cups flour
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 lb semi-sweet chocolate chips (you can also use some white chocolate chips, like I did!)
Mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, for garnish (if desired)

Start by creaming the butter and sugar, then slowly add sweetened condensed milk, flour, and vanilla. Add chocolate chips, then cover and refrigerate for about an hour. Form dough into small balls, and set them on a cookie sheet lines with wax paper. Freeze for 1-2 hours until pretty hard. Melt chocolate in a double boiler (I don't have a double boiler, so I used a pot of boiling water with a metal bowl sitting on top - be careful though, it gets really hot fast) or you could use the microwave, but beware of scorching. Dip balls in chocolate, then place back on waxed paper to harden. If you want to garnish, do it before the chocolate sets.


So some truffles will turn out much more beautiful than mine. I just can't figure out how to not have the puddle of chocolate from where they sit on the wax paper. But I'll tell you, ugly or not, these are delicious. I did a few white chocolate because I actually like them better, but my husband isn't a fan of white chocolate. But both are really creamy and sweet, and especially delicious when they are cold. I stuck mine back in the freezer after I dipped them all, just so I could put them in something else for easier storage. But they are yummy, can't wait to serve them to my friend!


2 comments:

  1. Maybe if your chocolate is a little runnier so more drips off & you set them on a drying rack you'll just have the flat part vs. the extra? I don't actually know this, just a theory :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good tip! Thanks :) I try it next time!

    ReplyDelete